Today on our blog we are featuring product information on one-part and two-part urethane sealants. We carry the leading brands in the industry and are your single point of contact for all of your sealant/caulk/adhesive needs! Let’s learn more…
One-component and two-component urethane adhesives and sealants provide excellent flexibility, impact resistance and durability. A two-component sealant is composed of two parts, a base component and an activator component – its leading, and most obvious difference, from a one-component sealant. Some other differences as explained from our valued vendor partner, Pecora, include:
|One Component||Two Component|
|No mixing required||Mixing required|
|No special equipment required||Bulk guns and mixing equipment required|
|Require exposure to atmospheric moisture to cure||Cure without exposure to atmosphere|
|Color added by manufacturer||Color added at job site|
|Limited shelf life||Extended shelf life|
|Cures from exposed surface down||Cures uniformly|
|Generally slower cure speed than two component||Generally faster cure speed than one component|
|Requires open cell backer rod||Can use open cell or closed cell backer rod|
Table Source: http://www.pecora.com/pecora-faqs/
Here are just a few of the urethane sealants we stock:
- Dymonic FC: a high-performance, fast-curing, single-component, low-modulus, hybrid sealant, which offers excellent performance in moving joints and exhibits tenacious adhesion once fully cured.
- Dynatrol 1-XL: a moisture-curing, single-component non-sag polyurethane sealant, designed to maintain an effective bond and seal between materials of similar and dissimilar surfaces, porosities and coefficients of expansion.
- Dynatrol II: a general purpose non-sag elastomeric sealant that creates a tenacious bond and watertight seal between materials of similar or dissimilar surface textures, porosities or expansion coefficients.
- MasterSeal NP1: a one-component, high performance, non-priming, gun-grade, elastomeric polyurethane sealant that requires no mixing and typically requires no priming to bond to many materials, including concrete and masonry.
- MasterSeal SL2: a multi-component, self-leveling, elastomeric polyurethane sealant that is mixed and poured in place, and once cured, forms a tough, resilient joint seal that resists penetration and abrasion and remains flexible when exposed to weather and aging.
- Sikaflex: Sikaflex polyurethanes exhibit many characteristics, which offer advantages in certain applications, such as adhesion, dirt resistance, substrate staining, paintability, and water immersion.
- Sikaflex 1A: a premium-grade, high-performance, moisture-cured, one-component polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant.
- Sika 1CSL: a single component, self-leveling, premium-grade polyurethane sealant with an accelerated curing capacity and can be used in concrete joint 24 hours after the concrete is poured and also in damp concrete applications.
- Sikaflex-2c NS: a 2-component, premium-grade, polyurethane-based, elastomeric sealant and is principally a chemical cure in a non-sag consistency.
- Sikaflex 15LM: a low-modulus, high-performance, 1-component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant and is excellent for moving joints in vertical applications
- Vulkem 45SSL: a semi-self-leveling, single-component, moisture-curing, low-modulus, polyurethane sealant used in expansion joints in sidewalks, swimming pool decks, plazas, floors and other horizontal surfaces with slopes up to 6%.
This is just a sampling of what Kenseal can provide for your urethane sealant applications and construction needs. We also stock a variety of accessory items, from caulk guns to backer rod, to fully support your project from start to finish! Contact us to learn more and place an order!